|"Let Sleeping Minnows Lie"|
|Season 1, Episode 3|
|The Castaways build a boat to cheer up the Skipper.|
|Air Date:||October 2, 1982|
|Written By:||Paul Dini|
|Directed By:||Hal Sutherland|
|Turnabout Is Fair Play||Journey to the Center of Gilligan's Planet|
Let Sleeping Minnows Lie is the 3rd episode of Gilligan's Planet. It aired October 2, 1982.
Synopsis[edit | edit source]
After Gilligan catches the Skipper taking a bath, the Castaways realize he is depressed and build a boat for him to lift his spirits. The Professor meanwhile has discovered what he thinks is mica shimmering on an island off the coast and thinks he can use it to repair their spacecraft. They use the boat to travel to the other island, but a Sea Serpent appears and terrifies them, causing them to get beached. Stranded away from camp, the Professor sends Gilligan and Mr. Howell to dig for oysters, but Mr. Howell digs up large giant diamonds, which had caused the sparking the Professor confused as mica. The sea serpent attacks again, but it gets trapped in the jungle chasing Gilligan. However, the diamonds turn out to be crystalline eggs that hatch, and the Professor deduces the sea serpent was just protecting its eggs. After the Skipper frees the sea serpent, it carries the Castaways back across the bay back to camp.
Credits[edit | edit source]
- Bob Denver as Gilligan
- Alan Hale, Jr. as The Skipper
- Jim Backus as Mr. Howell
- Natalie Schafer as Mrs. Howell
- Dawn Wells as Ginger and Mary Ann
- Russell Johnson as The Professor
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The title is based on the idiom, "let sleeping dogs lie," meaning never bother anything that isn't bothering anyone else.
- It seems a bit odd that the Castaways can suddenly build a boat after being unable to build one for so long.
Quotes[edit | edit source]
- Gilligan - "I just thought of something funny. Firs,t we were stranded on an island, then we were stranded on a planet, and now, we're stranded on an island on a planet. Funny, huh?"
- Gilligan - "Hey Skipper, sea serpents are just made up. They're not real, are they?"
Skipper - "Of course not, Gilligan."
Gilligan - "That's good. I'm glad that thing following us isn't real."
- Mr. Howell - "Now remember, Gilligan... Call out if you find something large, round and pearly."
- Mr. Howell - "This is going to make me rich. Of course, I'm already rich, but a little more never hurts."